The Jadwin Building, located on the east end of Galveston Island, Texas, serves as the headquarters for the USACE Galveston District. Named after Lt. Gen. Edgar Jadwin, a former chief of engineers, the building houses offices for most of the 340 district employees. Area offices are located in Houston and Corpus Christi, with project offices in Houston and Wallisville, Texas.
Negotiates for fee title and lesser interests in real estate by purchase, lease, exchange, donation, or transfer from government agencies.
- Performs all negotiations in acquiring land, easements, rights-of-way, and other lesser interests by direct purchase for civil and military missions.
- Negotiates and administers all lease hold estates acquired for civil and military use.
- Requests assignment of GSA-controlled space (both leased and government-owned) for military and civil use. Administers such space and requests its release when no longer needed.
Administers the Homeowners Assistance Program for the central United States. Coordinates the HAP with the Management and Disposal, Appraisal, Acquisition, and Planning and Control branches. Processes requests for payment of benefits under PL 89-754.
- Requests and coordinates a Market Impact Study on each announced installation closure or realignment.
- Schedules and conducts all internal and external meetings associated with the management of the HAP. Disseminates all media announcements for HAP. Notifies all public and elected officials of HAP in their areas.
- Maintains the Homeowners Assistance Program Management Information System.
Develop, direct and execute planning and financial operations for Real Estate programs. Responsibilities include functional development of Real Estate activities in support of the civil and military communities.