Project Overview: The Houston Ship Channel Expansion Channel Improvement Project (HSC ECIP), Texas, Feasibility Study will examine the feasibility of improving navigation on the Houston Ship Channel (HSC). The study will focus on the Bay Reach for possible anchorage and meeting and passing lanes, as well as the side channels, Bayport Ship Channel and Barbours Cut Channel. Additionally, the study will focus on the upper reach of the Houston Ship Channel (HSC) between Boggy Bayou and the Main Turning Basin.
The study has been divided into the following six study segments beginning at the seaward end of the HSC:
Segment 1 Bay Reach
Segment 2 Bayport Ship Channel
Segment 3 Barbours Cut Channel
Segment 4 Boggy Bayou to Sims Bayou
Segment 5 Sims Bayou to I-610 Bridge
Segment 6 I-610 Bridge to Main Turning Basin
- Notice of Availability (NOA) - In August 2017 the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) published a NOA to notify the public of the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the HSC ECIP Feasibility Study
- Federal Register NOA dated September 1, 2017, announced the Public Review Period for the HSC ECIP Draft Integrated Feasibility Report and Environmental Impact Statement (HSC ECIP DIFR-EIS) would end on October 16, 2017.
- Federal Register NOA dated September 22, 2017, Amended the Public Review Comment Period for the HSC ECIP DIFR-EIS to end on November 13, 2017. This extension was in response to Hurricane Harvey.
- Download Link for Report, Appendices, and full NOA files
- Postcard notification informed on the availability and location of the HSC ECIP DIFR-EIS for review, the Amended Public Notice Comment Period of September 1, 2017 through November 13, 2017, and the following Public Meetings:
- Two Public Meetings will be held in the Houston area during the public comment period. Please note these meeting dates we moved from September to October in response to Hurricane Harvey:
- Thursday, October 19, 2017 from 6:30-8:30 PM at La Porte Junior High, 401 S Broadway St, La Porte, TX 77571
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017, from 6:30-8:30 PM at Galena Park High School, 1000 Keene St, Galena Park, TX 77547
- All interested persons are invited to attend.
- Public Meeting Documents