GALVESTON, Texas - USACE Galveston District’s Logistics Activity donates 59 computers to the KIPP Academy in Houston as part of the federal government’s Computers for Learning Program. Since 1996, the district transferred 1,173 computers to local schools (rather than disposing of the equipment following routine computer refreshes every three to five years). Educational non-profit organizations and schools interested in receiving excess computer equipment from the federal government are encourage to register online with the GSA’s Computers for Learning site at www.computersforlearning.gov.
The Office of Logistics Management provides logistics support for USACE Galveston District and is responsible for the management of the Jadwin Building.
Who We Are
- Acquisitions Management - Provides acquisition services and assistance.
- Logistics Operations - Warehousing, transportation management and other related logistics processes.
- Program Management and Policy - Develops policy, guides professional development and improves logistics systems.
Together, staff works to deliver material and support of Corps personnel. Our management services include:
- Acquisitions - Procuring goods and services as well as full cycle of contract management from identifying requirements through negotiation and award to final close out.
- Freight - Moving government supplies and equipment.
- Travel/Relocation - Facilitating domestic and overseas official travel and relocation.
- Overseas Vehicles - Managing the district's vehicle fleet.
View our current listings of government excess property available through GSA (sales, auctions and donations).