What: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Galveston District Regulatory Division hosted a workshop about the Regulatory program.
Who: for all interested parties.
When: September 21, 2023, from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. Doors will open at 8:00 am.
Where: USACE Galveston District Headquarters, 2000 Fort Point Road, Galveston, Texas 77550.
The final agenda for the workshop is available HERE.
Why: Workshop topics will include:
1) Welcome and Opening Remarks;
2) Regulatory Programmatic Authorities - Section 10 of the Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899, Sections 301 and Section 404 of the Clean Water Act, Section 103 of the Marine Protection Research and Sanctuaries Act;
3) Waters of the United States - Sackett v. EPA SCOTUS Decision; AJD/PJD/No JD
4) Regulatory Permit Process - Pre-app process and identifying what if any other Corps business lines may require engagement, What to include with a permit application: Eng Form 4345 (which includes Avoidance, Minimization, and Compensation), PCN Form, Vicinity Map, Plan and Profile Project Plans, CMP Form (if in Texas Coastal Zone Management Area), and Aquatic Resource Delineation report. Additional Information for and Challenges to Decision Process-Alternatives Analysis, ESA assessment (IPaC report, BA, etc.), EFH considerations, Cultural Resource assessment/survey, Mitigation Plan, Section 408 application (as needed);
5) Dredging Permit Alternatives-Dredging considerations (404/103) when upland confined placement is not proposed or viable.
6) Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) Regional Technical Support and Execution Center (TREC) - SWD Regulatory Support;
7) FWS/NMFS Recent/Proposed Species of Concern;
8) Regulatory Division Remarks; and
9) Open Discussion / QA / Networking.
Presentations have been combined into a single document and can be found within the Regulatory E-Library.
RSVP: The Workshop was open to the public. Walk-ins will not be accepted. Only individuals that have submitted an RSVP and received a confirmation will be considered registered and allowed on the premises for this event. Each individual attending will need to submit their name and affiliation, if any, email address, and telephone number prior to the Workshop. Seating will be limited to 200 individuals so please RSVP early. Please limit the number of attendees from each organization to a maximum of 3 individuals.
Security: The security guards will be checking for valid identification cards. This can be a valid driver's license or passport. If your ID is EXPIRED, then you will NOT be allowed on the premises. VEHICLE REGISTRATION will also be checked. If the vehicle registration is expired, then the vehicle will NOT be allowed on the premises.
Foreign nationals (FN) cannot enter this facility without prior authorization from headquarters. The FN disclosure will follow the process found HERE
. The due date for FN submission was August 4
. All Non-US Citizens including green card holders need to follow the directions on the slides.