Full Public Notice Project Plans Mitigation Plans TCEQ Tier II Checklist Aquatic Resource Map
The applicant proposes to retain fill/discharge fill material into 3.61 acres of non-tidal wetlands, 0.51 acre of tidal wetlands, 0.23 acre of tidal waters associated with the construction of a recreational resort along a man-made canal. Additionally, the applicant proposes to impact/retain 7.41 acres of tidal waters associated with dredging activities. The applicant’s plans are attached in 28 sheets. Specifically, the applicant proposes to:
• Restored unauthorized discharge of fill material into 0.10 acre of wetlands
• Removal of existing piers at south end of canal
Request to Retain:
• Retain dredged area: 60-foot-wide by 5,675-foot-long by -4 depth at MLT
• Retain previously authorized fill material
• Retain unauthorized fill material
• Retain partial impacts to 20-foot-wide buffer area along eastern side of canal
• Proposed dredged area: 60-foot-wide by 225-foot-long by -4 depth at MLT at south end of canal
• Proposed dredged area: 60-foot-wide by 400-foot-long by -4 depth at MLT near north end of canal
• Proposed dredged area: 150-foot-wide by 75-foot-long by -4 depth at MLT near mouth of canal
• Proposed replacement of 260 linear feet of existing bulkhead near south end of canal
• Proposed new 100-foot-long bulkhead along south end of canal
• Proposed new 2,800-foot-long bulkhead along east side of canal with a 30-foot-long wing wall at the end
• Proposed bulkhead backfill
• Proposed relocation of existing 20-foot-wide by 60-foot-long boat ramp (back fill the existing boat ramp and create a new boat ramp near the end of the 2,800-foot-long bulkhead).
• Proposed two new 15-foot-wide by 30-foot-long boat docks located on each side of the proposed boat ramp.
• Proposed additional fill material in previously authorized area, unauthorized areas, and uplands in a 200-foot-wide by 1,700-foot-long area on the eastern side of the canal for the recreational vehicle area, pad site, parking area, recreational area, lavatory, and road.