The Galveston District Gallery of Distinguished Employees was established to honor those former employees of the district, who over their careers have been clearly exception:
- In their performance and contributions to the USACE and
- In particular, to the USACE Galveston District
To achieve this honor, nominees must have:
- 30 of more years of creditable service
- At least 20 years of which were served as a civilian employee of the USACE and
- At least 10 of which were served in the Galveston District
Of the numerous employees that have served the Galveston District, there are more than 30 individuals named on the first floor of the Jadwin Building that have been previously inducted into the gallery. This honor is not bestowed lightly.