Galveston District Header Image

GALVESTON DISTRICT

Home
Home > Media > News Releases

Bookmark and Share Email Print

Posted 5/29/2018

Release no. 18-028


Contact
Lt. Col. Mark T. Williford
409-766-3005 (cell)
Galveston.TX.PublicAffairs@usace.army.mil

 

GALVESTON, Texas (May 29, 2018) Corps officials have extended the advertisement for bid invitations for emergency dredging near the West Fork of the San Jacinto River with bidders now having until June 12, 2018.

Corps contracting officers posted the announcement amendment  on May 24, 2018 at Federal Business Opportunities website: https://www.fbo.gov/. The site is used by vendors to receive notice on government opportunities.

"Many contractors submitted questions and a decision was made to allow more time for interested parties to finalize and refine their bid based on our responses," said Jeff Neill, USACE Galveston District Contracting Chief, "We've publicly posted our responses to www.projnet.org."  Neill said bids will be opened on June 12, 2018 at 2:00 p.m., local time. 

"In an effort to help bidders with their queries, we coordinated approval of the extension with officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Texas Division of Emergency Management, Harris County Flood Control District and the City of Houston," said Alicia Rea, a USACE Galveston District  Emergency Management Specialist.  Prior to the extension, Rea said the opening was previously scheduled for May 29, 2018.

"This is an important dredging project and we want to answer bidders' questions and allow them reasonable time  to understand the scope of this emergency operation that will work to help mitigate flood risks," said Rea.

Questions concerning the solicitation can be directed to: Curtis Cole, Galveston District contracting officer at curtis.cole@usace.army.mil or Jeff Neill, Galveston District contracting chief at Jeffrey.neill@usace.army.mil.